There are many students who are pursuing their career in computing science and get jitters when it comes to coding. The reality is, today’s era is full of language experts than real programmers. It is easier to understand methods, keywords and APIs, but difficult to solve real problems. Students face difficulties in programming because it needs their interest, dedicated time and deep understanding rather than cramming the concepts. There are many students who are good in theory and have an understanding of concepts, but still can’t do well when asked to design and code a solution in limited time.
There is no such tool that can make you a good programmer. There are other aspects that make you a successful programmer, depending upon what you are working on and whom you are working with. Find out the tips to become a successful programmer.
1. Have A Clear Vision – Keep reminding yourself how much you have to learn. The first step to learn something new is to recognize that you don’t know it. Do lots of coding because it help you to find out the mistakes in error handling, threading and designing and you will get an idea on how to improve those respective skills. The mistake that most of the people do in coding is, they stop after solving the problem, always keep this thing in mind that your first solution is a prototype. The next solution should address missing requirements and issues, which you faced while building a prototype.
2. Read Books – Yes, you have heard it right! It is one of the most valuable suggestions to improve the programming skills. Reading a code will help you to analyze how someone solved a programming problem.
“Don’t treat it as literature, think of it as a lesson and challenge”
There are two ways of learning: learn from your own experience or learn from the experiences of others. Reading books will help you to learn from someone else’s experiences.
3. Algorithms, Data Structures And Design Related Problems – This is the basis or you can say the most crucial thing to become a successful programmer. Algorithms and data structure help the students to take better advantage of the available resources and algorithm develop programming skills. Algorithm widens your understanding and gives you numerous ways to tackle a problem.
4. Read Blogs – Yes! Reading blogs can help you to become a successful programmer. You can refer EssayCorp for all your programming assignments and to get a better understanding of programming concepts. Our blogs are written by programmers with their personal experience. Blog contain crisp and precise information, so it helps you to grasp well.
5. Write Unit Test – Writing unit test helps you to design better. With the help of unit test, you can find better abstraction, abstract class design, better names, improved code quality and better interface. Unit testing helps you to think through all the scenarios and faults in your code. So always write a unit test for your code.
“Anything which is difficult to test has a chance of improvement”
6. Talk To The Fellow Programmer – Discuss the program with the fellow programmer leads to a better solution because human mind tends to focus more while talking than to hear the other person. Discussing helps to find out the missing requirement, design flaws and bugs.
The majority of students want to become a successful programmer but everyone does not succeed. Apart from the problem-solving skills and talent of programming, it requires a lot of hard work, dedication and constant learning.
Focus on the fundamentals pay more attention to architecture and reach EssayCorp for all your Programming Assignments and homework.