All over the country, it’s now time for the students to think about their forthcoming semester seriously. The fun time is all over, and the entertainment was sufficient to rejuvenate your mind and body. The future path of your career- the academic or the professional targets you’ve taken as your New Year oath. It’s a fact that a little bit of determination, planning and daily routine can push you towards your goal.
Start your semester with sheer motivation, ignore all meager obstacles and keep a progress note always in your pocket to keep yourself focused. Here are some tips that will surely help you to crack the semester right away:
• Set goals- Apart from the grade what other things do you hope to achieve this semester? What are those achievements that will help you to meet your long term target and how this semester will get you into that long term target? Make a list of daily goals on everything that will push you a step forward towards your long-term goal. Watch closely what you’re doing with your time- is it helping you to materialize those goals? Or is it detracting you from the daily goals? Tracking your daily achievements in this way will become a habit within a week and soon you will be able to track automatically what odds have you committed today and how have you spoilt your time today. Each day of this semester is important for you, so take this matter seriously.
• Get self-organized – It’s very important to self-organize your daily activities. It means organize both your physical environment, and your daily activities. Right from your table, book shelf, dresses and bathroom to attending your classes, be organized everywhere and every way. Keep a note of every important job you have planned to organize today. Well organized room, spaces and wardrobe etc. will keep you mentally organized also.
• Know your Professors- Make connection with all your professors this semester- be smart in this matte and make no mistake. This will not only ease your studies but also help you to get some good contacts in later period. Your professors possess lot of contacts with large network of influential people. Even for graduate school applications; you may need to request your professors for a letter of recommendation. If you’re planning for somewhat different to do over the coming summer, your professor might help you out. During this friendly venture to make a strong rapport with your professor you might come across a professor who is not at all interested to speak so cozily with you. In that circumstances don’t sweat over that activity too much.
• Use all available resources- Plenty of resources scattered around your school to help you make this semester the best one in your school life. Try to grab and utilize all these resources at the first instance. School library, career councilor, back office staffs, seminars, conferences, projects, laboratory, senior students, and alumni everything and everyone are important for your career. Take help of them, make rapport with them and always think how you can utilize them for this semester and later period of your life.
• Keep your mind and body energetic – It’s really tough and expensive to eat healthy while you are far away from home, since you need to take care of every little aspect of your life within a fixed budget. Still you need to stay healthy with right eating habit, regular exercises and a goof life style. Consuming the right nutrient will keep your focus on the semester; unhealthy eating habits will consume your energy and distract you from the target.
Yet, your semester will be full of hurdles that sometime distract you from the target. Some activities back at home may get you disturbed or overjoyed and some precious time may be lost pondering over that matters. In any case, take these matters or issues as none existing or less important for the time being and delve deep into the matters only related to this semester.