With rising distress and concerns over the level of waste and retrogression of the environment endlessly, it has become crucial for the world realms to behave steadily and attentively. It is the need of the hour to protect and save the environment for the coming generation too. The scarcity of natural resources is not obscure to anyone and it is the prime responsibility of each individual to initiate a step at his/her level to preserve the natural environment. Things can be compensated and even improved if we all avoid wasting and degrading the environment around us.
We all are participants in the decaying of the environment. Knowingly or unknowingly we dump the hazardous waste into our natural surroundings. Our environment is demanding the appropriate initiation of waste management and recycling of all the waste and trash around us. This task is quite enormous as it comprises the logistic and scientific knowledge as well with a motive of adjusting the strike on the environment. Firstly we must need to apprehend the exact meaning and purpose of waste management.
What Waste Management is all About?
Waste management can be understood as the method and convention to make sure whether the garbage and junk is discharged in the safest and worthwhile way possible. It also embodies the type of trash to be eliminated and what trash needs to be recycled for future use. Waste management is an absolute label for the accumulation, transportation, dumping or recycling and inspecting of the waste. This particular title is appointed to the material, waste stuff that is generated by the human undertakings. This method of management is exercised to shun its harmful effect over wellness of human and the environment as well. Mostly the waste is presided to catch resources out of it.
Methods of disposing the waste
- Landfills – Dumping the daily waste and trash in the landfills is the most prevailed and popular method of waste disposal. It works as the burying of trash inside the land. Most of the developing countries exercise this particular method to dispose waste. Before burying the trash in land a process takes place which involves the elimination of smell and hazardous elements. Because of scarcity of space this particular method is becoming less useful nowadays. Landfills also became a reason for contaminated water and air as well.
- Combustion – This method is also known as the incineration method. It is a type of disposal in which the solid wastes are tend to be scorched or burned at high temperature and adapt them into useful gaseous and residue products. This method is also known by the name of thermal treatment.
- Composting – This method is considered to be the easiest. It is a natural bio-degradation process which extracts the organic wastes present in trashes of garden and kitchen and turns them into healthy nutritious food for plants. It is a quite slow process which requires a lot of time.
- Recovery and Recycling – This method deals with recovering the resources and modifying them into useful and reusable items. The discarded trash and items are converted into energy in the manner of useable fuel, heat and electricity. Recycling is a well-known process of transforming waste material into useful products and save energy and natural resources as well.
- Waste Minimization – The easiest and safest method among all is to reduce the amount of waste creation. The less you waste the less you need to dispose. Rather than throwing the stuff out try to recycle them into something useful such as paper bags etc.
Concentrating on recycling the essential materials appropriately has never been this much crucial. At Waste Management, we need to focus on the quality, rising demand, and lowering down the economic and environmental influence of the materials. There are various hurdles and challenges lining the waste management and the recycling industry but we all must appreciate the excellent work going on to ensure the neaten and secure environment in the coming time period. This is the high time we understand that proper disposal and recycling of waste is not only limited to the waste management industries. We all must put some effective steps in order to protect the precious environment. Proper waste management and trash dumping eradicates all these harmful elements from the exquisite environment and makes it purer and safer for the survival of human beings and other living organisms.