Australia is the topmost country to study mechatronics and robotics engineering. Students, all over the world enroll themselves to study Mechatronics Engineering in Australian institutes. According to Quacquarelli Symonds World University Ranking 2018, Australian universities rank high in the field of civil, minerals and mining, electrical & electronic, and mechanical engineering.
Mechatronics engineering is an interdisciplinary branch that focuses on electrical engineering, electronic engineering, and mechanical engineering and also consists of a combination of electronics, robotics, computer systems, and telecommunications. This degree/ course gives you the skills in all these disciplines to enter the ever-growing industry. Originally, the field of mechatronics was intended to be nothing more than a combination of mechanics and electronics, hence the name being a portmanteau of mechanics and electronics; however, as the complexity of technical systems continued to evolve, the definition had been broadened to include more technical areas.
Top 10 Australian Universities for Mechatronics Engineering
Mechatronics is an emerging field that blends mechanical, electrical, and computer science engineering to design, build and operate advanced machines. In terms of choosing universities for mechatronic engineering, Australia is always a prime choice for the students. Various universities and institutes offer Bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in mechatronics engineering studies.
Here is the list of Some Famous Universities and Institutes in Australia to Study Mechatronic Engineering:
- University of NSW
- Monash University
- University of Queensland
- University of Technology Sydney
- RMIT University
- Western Sydney University
- Edith Cowan University
- Queensland University of Technology
- Deakin University
- Macquarie University
The students who opt for this course are loaded with various projects and assignments by these universities. Mechatronic engineering assignment help is the most popular online academic help among Australian students who study mechatronic engineering.
Key skills Required to Study Mechatronic Engineering
Although Responsibilities in Specific Roles will Vary, there are Several Universal Skills all Mechatronic Professionals Should have:
- Enjoy Technical and Engineering Activities
- Problem-Solving Skill
- Communication Skills
- Creative Thinking
- Teamwork Skill
- Passionate in Mathematics, Physics, and Mechanical Equipment
Career Opportunities in Mechatronic Engineering
“The harder the subject, the better the job” this is the special feature of every engineering discipline including mechatronic engineering. After successfully completing this course student can be:
- Robotics Engineer: According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, demand for qualified robotics engineers is expected to grow by as much as 15% through 2021.
- Electronic Design Engineer: All in all employment of electronic and electrical engineers is estimated to grow 3% from 2019-2029
- Data Scientist: This is one of the highest-paid jobs. According to a report a data scientist gets an average salary of around $116,200 per year.
- Instrumentation Engineer: The average salary package for an IE is approximately $82,594 per year, about as fast as the average of all occupations
- Troubleshooting Engineer: In the USA the national average package for a technical support engineer is around $58,500 per year.
- Automation Engineer: Writing code, testing software, and automating such processes can be done remotely. The salary package of an automation engineer is approximately $64,212 per year.
- Mechanical Design Engineer: The maximum and minimum salary of a mechanical design engineer is $92,000 and $32,500 respectively.
- Software Engineer: Software engineering is one the most- in-demand skills in the world, the median salary package of a software engineer is around $112,000.
Mechatronics engineering is taught at top engineering universities across the world and students learn how to design and operate computer-controlled electromechanical systems. Mechatronics engineers develop sustainable solutions to industry issues and innovative machinery.
As we are moving towards a more advanced world, the demand for professional engineers is rapidly increasing. Mechatronic engineering is highly in demand because of its numerous uses in all industries, whether IT, electronic, scientific, mechanical, and other various industries. Australian universities are giving the best opportunities for the students to create a fabulous and secure future for themselves.